Groundnut oil – from sun dried ground nuts, good source of plant sterols – helps in reducing heart disease rich in antioxidants thereby protects against cancer. Wood pressed groundnut oil is rich in MUFA. It is free of trans fat.
- Unprocessed – No added preservatives and chemicals
- Absolutely free of pesticides (which are arguably carcinogenic)
- High in Vitamin E and micro nutrients that are vital for our holistic well-being.
- Completely free from Trans-fat.
- Retains antioxidants.
- As it is manually filtered, it is more viscous and retains the flavor fully. This helps in lesser consumption (at least by 20%) of oil as compared to the industrially processed refined oil.
There is a myth that deep frying of food in wood pressed manually filtered oil is not good. But given the fact that most of the deep frying in Indian cooking ranges between 120 – 150 degree Celsius, the wood pressed oils are safe for deep frying.